COVID-19 UPDATE: Our practice is OPEN
To our Valued Customers,
The health and well-being of your pet is our top priority. As news of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community continues to develop, we are monitoring the situation closely.
We are OPEN and we are considered an essential business for the community. We are operating under modified business hours: Monday-Saturday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.
1. We remain an appointment-based clinic. Please arrive 5-10 minutes before your appointment time. New clients be prepared to arrive 15 minutes early.
2. Park your car in our parking lot and leave your pet(s) in the car. Please call the clinic at 310-376-0072 and let the reception team know that you have arrived. We NO Longer allow clients in our exam rooms or waiting rooms.
3. One of our veterinary assistants will come to your car to collect your pet(s). We request that clients maintain a 6’ social distance from other clients and from FPC employees.
4. All cats MUST be in carriers. We recommend that small dogs be in carriers. All dogs (not in carriers) will be double slip leashed by the veterinary assistant.
5. The patient(s) will be brought into an exam room with the veterinarian. While the patient is being weighed and all vital signs collected, the doctor will call the client to discuss all concerns.
6. Once all concerns have been dealt with, the full exam performed, tests and treatments performed, and medications dispensed; the client will be able to pay their bill over the phone with a credit card(preferred).
7. All patient exams include a full “report card” written by the doctor. The report card includes all vital signs, exam findings, and doctor recommendations.
8. Pet(s) will then be brought out to the parking lot for transfer back to the owner.
9. Clients can email the doctor with any questions or concerns at any point in time. Our doctors answer emails throughout the day, as time allows. This does not guarantee that an email will be answered on the same day. Please allow 1-3 days for email responses from our doctors.
10. New client forms, pre-surgical consent forms, and estimates will be mailed ahead of time.
While the CDC and other health authorities have indicated that dogs, cats, and other domestic animals are not considered at risk for contracting COVID-19, we are taking extra precautions to ensure the health and safety of humans within our facilities— notably our clients and staff. Keeping our practice "hospital-clean" has always been a priority for us, and we continue to do so. Additionally, for the safety of our team and your family we are monitoring CDC recommendations and will continue to increase our attention to cleaning frequency and methods accordingly.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation. We look forward to seeing you and your pet soon.
Your pet healthcare partners at Family Pet Clinic of Redondo Beach